Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Fabric reinforcement plate install

Default Fabric reinforcement plate install

On the front plate installation, does the plate go to the outside (front) or towards the inside?

Default Re: Fabric reinforcement plate install

Hi Patrick,

Could you provide a little more info as to which plate/location you are interested in......otherwise I have some concerns I might make an incorrect assumption about what you need/which part is in discussion.

THX
    DS

Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Hi Patrick,

Could you provide a little more info as to which plate/location you are interested in......otherwise I have some concerns I might make an incorrect assumption about what you need/which part is in discussion.

THX
    DS
    This would be the front plate(leading edge side) , basically it makes a "c " or hook per say, which way does the longer part go towards the leading edge or trailing, hard to explain! Hope this helps, 402 750 8916 is my #.

The trailing edge. Assuming your talking about the reinforcement plate on the front spar bracket. The plate gets glued to the inside of the fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFox View Post
    The trailing edge. Assuming your talking about the reinforcement plate on the front spar bracket. The plate gets glued to the inside of the fabric.

Thanks Airfox, thats what I need, And It looks like I have some work to do. I have the plate already installed (incorrectly), with the top fabric installed also.
    Last edited by phintz; 03-19-2013 at 02:50 PM.