Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kf5 with kf7 elevator mods

Default Kf5 with kf7 elevator mods

I have put the larger elevator from a kf7 on my kf 5 vixen. The rudder now hits the elevator, what type of stop mods do you make? How many degrees does the rudder now move?

Default Re: Kf5 with kf7 elevator mods

Gizmos,

Your question is one that more than one Kitfox builder has worked with. It might be useful to go to the "Search" function of this list and type in rudder stops (or similar)....you wil likely find a number of ideas builders have used to resolve the clearance between the rudder and evlevator.

On my S-7 - the manual called for 25 degrees swing on either side; however, I took that as a nominal measurement and fit the rudder to provide adequate clearance with the elevator and get the most rudder swing within that particular fit....ended up with somewhere around 26.5 degrees swing....but, with the variables each kit and builder will encounter, that has to be regarded as a ballpark number like the specified 25 degrees.

The rudder/elevator clearance should be resolved before covering is put on either surface.

Sincerely,

Dave S