Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Moved to the airport

Default Moved to the airport

With the help of Jerrytex and his trailer plus some other local EAA members . . . my project was moved to the airport yesterday! It was fun to push it around on its own gear on the ramp. Was not able to do that in my driveway, just in and out of the garage. Very carefully.

Still lots to do but it is nice to be able to move around the airplane when working on it instead of crawling around and under it.

Hank
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Moved to the airport

Congratulations. Brings back memories, especially of having to abort a planned procedute because I forgot to take all the tools I needed. I eventually ended up having almost two of everything. then again, the work slows a bit as all the hangar rats will now start coming by and talking - and who can resist talking about a Kitfox.
    Lowell

just wait until the motor starts , thats when the fun really begins . now what to do with the empty garage ? congrats , big step forward .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Another butterfly leaves the cocoon to spread its wings in the drying sun.

You did it Hank. You turned a big box of parts into a beautiful aircraft.
    I know there were days during my build when progress seemed to go in reverse.
    I think that is normal with aircraft building however the rewards for staying focused and persistent are incredible.
    You're so close to the pay off now Hank. Keep that focus especially when approaching your first flight.

Best of luck with your DAR inspection, first flight and your phase 1 test flights.

Keep us in the loop.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

... the work slows a bit as all the hangar rats will now start coming by and talking - and who can resist talking about a Kitfox.
    Lowell
    Taking your kitfox to the airport is like taking a puppy to the beach.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Nice!

I was wondering if a kitfox on a trailer fits into a garage? One of your photos shows it on the trailer in front of the garage door and it doesn't look like it would. What is the highest point whilst on the trailer?

best regards,

Brad

I only used the trailer to move the aircraft to the airport. It was never in the garage with the aircraft on it. Would not be possible due to height and I think also length restrictions. I never measured the height and don't plan to have it back on the trailer to do so . . . sorry!

I had my plane on this trailer and it would not fit in a standard 7 foot tall garage door. However, I did keep in my shop which has a 10 wide by 10 tall overhead door and it fit fine in there.