Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warpdrive Prop Setting

Default Re: Warpdrive Prop Setting

I really like the lazer set-up, it's much more precis then a bubble level, and by projeting the beam of lazer on a long distance you divide you error by the lenght to the wall...... way much pricise then the direct bubble!! but if the lazer could has 2 beam... one on the floor to set the verticality of the blade and the other for the pich angle..... how do you set the vertivality of the blade with your rig Jim?
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

That pretty well takes care of it's self. The lazer line will move horizontally on the wall with twisting the blade. That same line will move vertically by turning the blade. If you look at the first picture I posted of the lazer attachment, you can see the lazer line on the far wall. Look just a bit lower and to the left of the lazer and you will see a red line on the wall. If a lazer shot just a point, it would probably be better. (some do) This one trys to put a line on the wall. I just use the bright end at the start of the line to hit the target. Take care, Jim Chuk

Ok by swing the blade clock or unclock the beam travel up and down... by rotating the blade on his axe, it's monving the edge of the beam front and back.... I understend!

I remark that your rig sit on the surface of the blade in contact on the tree head screws to prevent warble...

And what give you the degree you are at?
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

If I wanted to start as a certain degree of pitch, I would use the protractor on the first blade and then set the other blades to it with the lazer. If I just wanted to dial in a little more or less pitch, I might just guess at how much to twist the first blade using the lazer. (LIke I did last week) I wanted a bit better climb, so I just gave it a guess and went for it. If I had used the protractor, that would have been a guess also. I'm not sure how much one degree difference would make on the RPM. And in the end, that's all that matters anyway. What RPM are you wanting the prop to turn. (Usuallly static RPM with the plane tied off) Hope I answered your question. Jim Chuk

Yes Jim, I had received it, loud and clear!!!

It's been few years that I follow discussion on this Forum, putting posts, asking questions, before 2008 I did not know much about aviation.... And there are a lot to learn and assimilate, but thank's too you guys, to have the patience and enthusiasme, to answer my question!!!
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

I realize this is a very old thread, but seemed like a good starting point. I have a 912ULS w Warp Drive 70" 3 blade. What is a good starting point twist and what is your typical final to use? I have seen/read anywhere from 11.5 to 15. Just looking for some addl feedback before I go out there and start changing everything. I am currently setup at 12.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by styree View Post
    I realize this is a very old thread, but seemed like a good starting point. I have a 912ULS w Warp Drive 70" 3 blade. What is a good starting point twist and what is your typical final to use? I have seen/read anywhere from 11.5 to 15. Just looking for some addl feedback before I go out there and start changing everything. I am currently setup at 12.

Thanks

I have the same combo.
    When I started with 12 I was capable of overshooting max rpm, static.
    You will need to test yours and find the spot you want without exceeding limits.
    I landed at 14.
    🇨🇦CANADA
    Flying | SS7 | G3X | Edge 912

As I understand it, a static RPM of 5300 is a good place to be with the 912. More RPM will be better climb, and less RPM will be better for cruise speed. What is your static RPM now? JImChuk

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    As I understand it, a static RPM of 5300 is a good place to be with the 912. More RPM will be better climb, and less RPM will be better for cruise speed. What is your static RPM now? JImChuk
    I'd love to share my RPM, but the really super awesome and inexpensive JPI EDM-350 I bought is "having trouble" figuring out what the RPM actually is.

Unless you have a readable tach, every thing is a guess, I would say. JImChuk