Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K3 Thottle Cable Issues

Default K3 Thottle Cable Issues

Does anybody know where I can get the throttle cables for a K3 with the Bing carbs. The inner cable on the stock ones are a 1/4 inch too short so I cannot get the idle speed down. Adjusters are all the way in. Maybe a part number or something.

Default Re: K3 Thottle Cable Issues

Yup, I'm in the same boat. Mine can idle but I'm out of adjustment range on one carb which is making it hard to balance them. The builder's manual lists part E-34a as 24.5" and E-34b as 27.5". 1/4" longer on each would be good.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

This is uncanny. I just installed a new throttle set up on my model III today. I had the same problem of not being able to slow it down enough by adjusting the throttle settings and still be able to get full throttle.

I did some research and decided that the only way to go was with the McFarlane throttle control that is designed for the 912.

I ordered it on Thrusday from Aircraft Spruce ($150 or so), recieved it on Friday, and installed it today (Saturday) Life is good

Louie

Default Re: K3 Throttle Cable Issues

Give Jerry a call at Green Sky Adventures,I just went threw this same issue on my build last year. He made a set of cables for me to my specs and they worked perfect. A little pricey but supply is very limited and by part no. non existant. (greenskyadventures.com) 1-352-475-5625

Louie,
    Did you use the "Rotax Dual Carburetor Throttle Controls" ACS pn: 05-04385?
    Did you bypass the throttle reverser bellcrank and are you using the oil injection system (third cable)?

I couldn't find a solution for my standard setup in the ACS catalog.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Thanks Tim. Maybe Bob and I can get a minor discount from Green Sky (Jerry) if he makes up two sets.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Paul,
    Yes that is the one that I used. I don't even know what you mean when you talk about a throttle reverser. I just removed the old set up completely and ran the new cables straight to the carbs. No oil injection, no third cable, just the two that go from the knob on the panel to the throttle lever on each carb.
    It will be a lot different from the vernier throttle control that I had before. When I loosen the friction lock, the throttles start coming open due to the springs on the carbs.
    Louie

Louie,
    I think Bob and I both have 582's installed so pulling on the cable opens the Bing 54 slides to increase throttle. Because of this, there's a reverser bellcrank behind the panel to change the pushing motion of the throttle control to the cable pull necessary. I'm guessing you've got a 912 setup?
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Yes, mine is 912. Sorry about jumping in in error.

Louie

I think I will call Green Sky tomorrow and get the scoop on the cables. I'll let you know what they say.