Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Battery mount in tail kf5

Default Battery mount in tail kf5

I am using the kf7 firewall forward with the 912, I have been told that you must mount batt or weight in tail to get cg correct. Any ideals on cg issues?
    Last edited by gizmos; 03-07-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Default Re: Battery mount in tail kf5

Someone may have to correct me but I believe the C of G issues in the KF5 were due to a longer engine mount. With the KF7 FWF you should be fine.

Rule number 47... never believe anything you hear about a particular model aircraft from someone who doesn't own one.

I have run several weight and balance sample loadings with a much heavier engine. Contact me off list if you would like copies.

With your lightweight 912 you should not encounter any CG problems. The CG envelope is very wide allowing you to mount your battery more for convenience than for CG. If you mount a battery back in the tail you may find you are unable to load the baggage to the maximum.

I mounted the battery in my Corvair powered model 7 behind the pilot seat. It helps with the CG of my heavier engine but it is mostly for ease of wiring and battery maintenance.

John Pitkin
    Greenville, TX

Thanks for info, batt will go behind seat. Where did you put the ELT? Just finished my ray Allen rudder trim tab, works great on ground. Lol

ELT Mounted behind baggage compartment on cross members. ELT antenna is in vertical stab.

JP
    Attached Images Attached Images