Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Do you prime fiberglass on rudder before covering?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Do you prime fiberglass on rudder before covering?

Gizmos,

I like the idea of an electrically trimmable rudder.....I didn't put one in on assembly; found out what a few other builders have done; and, am in the middle of engineering a ground adjustable tab. Without rudder trim, I find I have to always hold slight right rudder in cruise....not a big deal but I really want to get a tab added.

On the rudder, I had to add a bit to the flat part of the stop because the swing was a bit too much as it came (Mine was an older model s7 kit) and did hit the elevator. My understanding is the 5 and 7 have the same fuselage frame.....the older S7s like mine had trim tabs on the elevator rather than electrically trimmable horizontal stabalizer....that explains some of the differences on the tail of our plane in the photo.

Since ours was intended to be a trigear....I did a thing that some will consider sacriledge....cut off the spring arms. Have attached a photo of what it ended up looking like.

Dave s
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp
    St Paul, MN
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave S; 03-07-2013 at 04:18 PM.