Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox S-6 N252 is now in its new home!

Default Kitfox S-6 N252 is now in its new home!

Well, I never thought of a 120MPH 2 seat airplane as being a cross country machine, and even though I was excited to buy my Kitfox and get it home, the nearly 1100 mile trip with 6 legs and 5 quick turn fuel stops with two guys on board was not something I was really looking forward to. Well, I was proven wrong at every stop, a quick bathroom break, full tanks, check the oil, and we were back in the air. Total time was right at 13 hours from leaving Cotter, AR to landing in Queen Creek, AZ, and I'd been up for hours before checking weather leaving Arkansas, and adjusting our route to avoid the winter nasty stuff.

Unfortunately I have to go to work today, as a friend put it.... "That's like having to go back to school the day after Christmas"

N252 is now tucked away in my hangar that she will share with my 182Q, of course the Kitfox is the one closest to the door!

-Andrew

Default Re: Kitfox S-6 N252 is now in its new home!

Contrats. Andrew. The model 6 is a great aircraft and a very capable cross country machine. Happy to see those old myths about our aircraft not being comfortable or able to leap large distances in a single bound disappearing with each new convert. Soon 1100 miles will be a short jaunt for you.

We stand by with baited breath for the copious photos that will naturally appear when you get a minute away from work.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Kitfox.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Kitfox S-6 N252 is now in its new home!

After seeing John and Paul's trip to the Bahamas, that's certainly on my bucket list now! ;-)

Will upload some pix before long.

Maybe we'll run into each other on a breakfast run before long!

-Andrew
    Kitfox S-6
    5AZ3 Pegasus Airpark
    Queen Creek, AZ