Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Desert Fox Squadron Reminiscing.

Default Desert Fox Squadron Reminiscing.

Some photos from way back in the "good ole days" of the DFS. Just going through some old photo files and thought I'd pop a couple up here. I've sure had a blast playing Kitfox with these guys and gals over the years. Lots of great memories. Seems we put the most Kitfox's in the air at one time ever on a group flight from Thunder Ridge (DFS fly-in) to Copper State Fly-In. I think it was 20 or 21. I remember they closed the fly-in for our "mass" arrival.

DSC01231.jpg DSC03322.JPG

DSC00781.jpg DSC01222.jpg

DSC00044.jpg DSC00791.jpg

DSC00042.jpg DSC03285.jpg

DSC01155.jpg DSC01170.jpg

Lowell's Video Rig.jpg Preflight Complete.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Desert Fox Squadron Reminiscing.

Thanks for sharing these. I look forward to flying my SS with a group like that. These kinds of post keep me motivated.
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Steve,
    Looks like great times. Boy, talk about community, that's it. You are lucky (but I also realize it takes a lot of work) to have & devoloped such a group. Good friends, good weather, common interest, good planes, it just doesn't get any better than that. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. It does keep us motivated and dreaming.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Yes indeed. Fun to look at and see familiar faces. It brings back the memory of our first visit and the entertainment we provided for the roof top observers.
    Lowell

Nice photos Steve. Thanks for sharing
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

WHOA!

Trip down memory lane there, DF4; where'd you find some of those pics...on the Post Office wall? (Actually, most of those pictured there have since been paroled.) That was indeed a 21 ship gaggle we took into the Copperstate Fly-in that year; in fact, the second picture down is of the night-before pilot briefing for the "Big Raid" held in DesertFox2's hangar. (John McBean is trying to nod off in the right-side background!)

DesertFox4 earned his pay that day as #21 in the gaggle; the "stinger" and cleanup man (his radio callsign that day was "Desert Fox Tail") whose seriously unnerving job was to insure all the three-ship "vics" (V formations) stayed in line ahead of him and to herd any strays back into the fold before they could get into trouble. We landed three at a time, Oshkosh-style, and had the same number as when we took off, which meant DF4 didn't have to shoot down any errant strays on the way in!

"YEEE-HAWW! RIDE 'EM IIINNN, RAWHIDE!"

"E.T."
    (I will never do that again; I will never do that again; I will never do that again; I will never do that again; I will never do that again; I will never do that again; I will.....)

[QUOTE"E.T."
    (I will never do that again; I will never do that again; I will never do that again; I will never do that again; I will never do that again; I will never do that again; I will.....)][/quote]

I'll hold you to that E.T.

A few more from days past.

004_1A.jpg 100_0289.jpg

100_6007.jpg 100_5924.jpg

100_0662.jpg Ray and Steve SkyStar .jpg

gas pump_0027.jpg P1030045.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear