Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kebo's Super Sport

Default Kebo's Super Sport

It's been a long wait (30 years since I first wanted a Kitfox and 4.5 months since I ordered my kit) but this is a sweet early Valentine's day gift.

Hope no one minds but I like the way Esser and Noble are posting there questions, etc to the group through a single thread and plan to do the same.

Happy early Valentine's day everyone.

(I know someone in Michigan is going to happy in a few days. There is another one in the trailer and it is on it's way.)

Kebo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Kebo's Super Sport

Congradulations Kebo! I'm looking forward to following your build. I have been suprised how much fun building the Kit has been. Good luck.

Scott Noble

Green with envy. Have fun, tell us all about it!

Right on. Let the fun begin! If you need motivation later this spring, maybe I can fly out your way and we can go flying!
    Andy Karmy
    Kitfox 7 - 912S - SOLD
    Auburn, WA

http://kitfoxflying.com

Kebo,
    Welcome to the "obsessed builder's club!" Your extreme patience has paid off!! Happy Valentine's Day to you, for sure!!
    Best Wishes,
    Grover

Super Excited for you. My poor kit is still in storage waiting on my permanent residence. You'll have a blast.

Thanks everyone.

Andy your always welcome. I enjoyed checking out your bird at Arlington last summer. I'm sure it took some of your time polishing the drool off of it! In fact, I sent my Honey a picture of it telling her I was going to get us one just like it. That didn't result in an immediately nod but it got the ball rolling. So in part I credit you with being responsible for the purchase and delivery. So a big thank you goes to you.

Kebo

Yes this is the way to celebrate the Valentin day, but it will be more fun when it's finish and take her in a flight picnic.... Ah romance.....

Have fun to put it together!!!!

Eric

I thought I'd give an update. I'm about half way through the fuselage section having just varnished the floor boards and epoxy/riveted the adjustable pedal and flapperon brackets to the center console. I should be making airplane sounds, etc soon.

The build manual has been great. It's just like putting flat pack furniture together only way more fun.

Here are some obligatory photos. The rotisserie makes it super easy to rotated for accessing the underside, just lift the tail, rotate and set it down couldn't be easier.

Kebo
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a really neat fuse rotisserie, very simple and functional. I have seen several, but not one like yours. I like it.

Jim