Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kitfox down

Default Re: Kitfox down

Chuck. I think your right about all that stuff. I over simplified my answer to point out that the physical dimensions and attach point locations are the same. I have a set of the model 4 flaperon control and wing mod. plans from Skystar
    and in them they sure hinted that after installation your plane would be considered a 1200. About the gauge and wall thickness of the various components all my info is anecdotal gleaned from this forum and talking to people. To the best of my knowledge nothing definitive has ever been published on the subject.

Dutch
    Last edited by Dutch; 11-14-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Rebuild is coming along.

Engine overhauled. Fuselage welded, rudder welded. Stewart Systems is sending me enough material to cover the fuselage back up. I believe i have a completed shopping list for kitfox to be placed on Monday.

Does anyone have a Rotax 2-stroke engine mount? Mine got tweaked and i would rather purchase a replacement than attempt to fix this one.

Plenty more to do, but I'm happy with the progress!

I know by stating this, I'll be jinxing myself, but I am hoping for a March 1 flight test....

I have a mount off a model 4 that was removed for a 4-stroke conversion. It mounted a 582. Is in very Good condition and I dont have any use for it. Don't know what it's worth so make me an offer.

Cain Blackbird
    1-413-824-4958

Very interested in the mount. Thanks! I sent you a text...

Status update.
    I haven't spent as much time and attention to the KF as I would like this past month. My other bird was crying for help. And I must keep one plane flying at least! So my March flying date has been moved to April

Getting the pieces and parts back into the fuselage. Got the elevator control tube built and installed. I ordered all new rudder assemblies--got them installed. The bird originally had pilot brakes only, but with the copilot MC's in a box. So I'll go ahead and install those now too. I'd leave them off, but I'll be soon teaching my son how to fly. Engine mount came in the other day--Thanks Cain!
    Dang rod end bearings are hard to find! I need 2 lift strut and 3 rudder rod ends. Pricey little suckers from KF....
    Still debating on the prop. The 72" IVO medium 2 blade ground adjust is calling my name. Tennessee and Culver are in line too..

Otherwise, she's coming along. nothing time and money won't fix. I guess I'm enjoying it..I guess...

image.jpg

She's flying again!

YES! Time to CELEBRATE!!! Well done!

Please let us know how she flies! (With pictures!)
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

She flies great. Very happy with the way it all turned out. Definitely took longer than i estimated, but i had a few other airplane projects that distracted me.

I'll get some more pictures soon. I need to find a big oak tree and get some classy shots.....