Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Panel Blank Drawing

Default Panel Blank Drawing

Has anybody produced a cad (dwg format) drawing of the panel blank for the 7-SS?

I noticed some users have had their panels cut using CNC and these usually are done from this type of drawing.

If so it would save time not having to create the blank file in creating the drawing.

Thanks
    Tom
    Series 7 912ULS
    working on systems

Default Re: Panel Blank Drawing

I have a copy of just the panel outline from the file we used to set up the CNC cut, but apparently a DWG file is not one of the file types supported as attachments on the forum. I would be glad to e-mail it to you if you would like it.

Note that I took a few liberties with the panel outline versus what was traced onto the aluminum blank. The height in the center and the length are the same as the original outline, but I changed the curve a little to give the panel a bit more height toward the edges to accommodate moving our Dynon farther to the left edge of the panel, and aesthetically I liked my curve better.

As an aside, all of our panel planning was done with DraftSight, the best free downloadable CAD program I was able to find. There was a bit of a learning curve with it, since I had never done any CAD work before, but it wasn't too bad. It is a nice tool for working out panel layout even if you don't plan on using CNC to cut it out. We discovered what would have been interferences in installations behind the panel and were easily able to move items a few tenths of an inch to ensure clearances.

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsig...ad-draftsight/

I have an AutoCad dwg and dxf drawing of the SS7 panel as per the factory marked outline. The drawing also has my cutouts for the various instruments etc. but you can erase those items you don't want. I can email it to you

Jim

Thanks for all the help guys.