Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Mod IV 912's

Default Mod IV 912's

I'm kinda new to the Kitfox line and have some questions. Does the Mod IV support the 80 and 100 hp 912's. Any problem with me buying a Mod. IV say with a 582 or whatever and putting a 912 on. I'm concerned about the W&B or how is this compensated for? I now have a Kolb Firestar that I built and love the little plane, but the wife wants to go. Any suggestion would be nice.

Default Re: Mod IV 912's

Lv2fly- welcome.

The model 4 will accept the 80 and 100 hp. Rotax. Many have converted from the 582's to the 4-cycle Rotax engines. Weight and balance should not be a problem. I have a 100 hp. on m model 4. No weight is needed in the tail and my empty weight is 662 lbs. I would guess that most model 4's that have a 912 series have the 80 hp. Rotax. It is a great performer and fuel burn is less than the 100 hp.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Mod IV 912's

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Lv2fly- welcome.

The model 4 will accept the 80 and 100 hp. Rotax. Many have converted from the 582's to the 4-cycle Rotax engines. Weight and balance should not be a problem. I have a 100 hp. on m model 4. No weight is needed in the tail and my empty weight is 662 lbs. I would guess that most model 4's that have a 912 series have the 80 hp. Rotax. It is a great performer and fuel burn is less than the 100 hp.
    Thanks for the reply. Happy Landings..