Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Pressure Sensor

Default Re: Fuel Pressure Sensor

i also felt that the fuel pressure gage on the garmin g3x was not needed but i had it anyway so went ahead and installed it. as i was building time on the phase 1 i flew a long cruise flite in the box, at about 2.5hr i got a low pressure warning on the g3x. as the engine was running great i tended to think it was a bad reading but i pulled some power off anyway and the pressuer stablize so i decided to go back to home base and land to check it out, and i need a rest stop. after landing i did a full power run up and watched the fuel pressure slowly drop. the engine ran fine until the pressure droped to .5 lb. and then the engine started to shut down. after checking all the filters and hoses and finding nothing wrong i folded the right wing back and found some dummy "jamesmil" had pulled a zip tye to tite on the the vent line at the # 1 rib and restricted the air flow. without the fuel pressure gage to give me an indication of a problem i would have left the power at cruise until the engine started to shut down. might have been interesting.

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsal View Post
    I think there may be some confusion on fittings vs senders/sensors. Senders can be susceptible to damage from excess vibration, fittings don't care.

Kmach, are you talking about a fuel pressure sensor or flow meter?
    Thanks for asking, after relooking at the post, it is about fuel Pressure senders.
    I don't have one of those, all my comments are on a fuel flow sender , sorry about that.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Quote Originally Posted by GoingHawgWyld View Post
    I mounted both my fuel pressure and fuel flow sensors inline with the fuel hoses. Both are supported only by the hoses which isolates vibration. Both are going strong after 300+ hours...
    Maybe I should have tried that but I was concerned that the Dynon sender was a bit big. My original install had the sender attached to an in line fitting but supported by Adel clamps to the manifold cross-over tube. I had thought this would provide enough isolation but after two failed units moved it back to the FW. They also have better, smaller and more expensive senders now.
    Jamesmil, way to make good use of the information at hand, glad it worked out the way it did.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Anyone have a picture of the dynon pressure sensor hooked up ?
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/pic...pictureid=2409

The Dynon sensor is attached to a distribution block on top and clamped to the crossover tube. I don't have a pick of it back on the FW but could take one tomorrow if that would be helpful.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive