Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox II dimensions

Default Kitfox II dimensions

I need a new (to me) set of cowls for the Model II I am rebuilding. The aircraft came with the original cowlings in pieces. The boot cowl was originally in two pieces, split horizontally. The round nose cowl also was originally split horizontally. Cowls for the Model III seem to be out there, but I do not know if they will fit. Can anyone tell me dimensions and attach locations for the III? I can make similar measurements on my fuselage and see if the Model III cowlings will fit, or at least close enough that I can adapt them.

My aircraft originally came with a boot cowl constructed in two pieces, top and bottom. The top half of the round nose cowl is attached to the top half of the boot cowl with a metal bracket and a Dzus fastener. The bottom half was attached to the motor mount, which had four tabs welded to it for attaching the cowl. I am using a different engine, and do not have a motor mount with these tabs, and so wondered it there is a different arrangement used on some of the other Kitfoxes, such as the Model III.

I could really use some help in figuring this out!

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Kitfox II dimensions

There were different cowl and cowl attach configurations for the model 3 depending on engine mount. See pics and explanations here >>> http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=1786

I have a brand new 4-pc round cowl set, I believe for models 3&4, but you can take it for a test fit on your model 2 when you pick up the seat pan.
    -Aeropro CZ Aerotrek A240 Tri-Gear SLSA 912uls
    -Airdale Avid+ on CZAW Amphibs 'FatAvid Floater' (building)
    -Kitfox 4-1200 TD 912ul (sold)
    -Kitfox Model III TD 582 (R.I.P.)
    -Avid Flyer Mk-IV TD (sold)

Default Re: Kitfox II dimensions

Doug,

Thanks for the reply. When can I best pick up the seat pan and the cowl for trial fit? Also, could I please have your address, so I can tell my GPS where to take me? I am pretty flexible as to time, so just let me know what works for you, and I will be there.

Mike