Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kfm 112

Default Kfm 112

I have a model II with one of the few KFM 112 engines flying in the USA. This engine was offered as one of three options from the factory in 1992. The options were the 582, 912 and the KFM 112. In the event you are unfamiliar with the engine it is an air cooled 4 cylinder boxer and produces 62 hp. The engine weight is 135lbs installed wet. Its a very smooth running engine and performs pretty well. I live in East Idaho and fly out of a 5,000ft stip. I am a heavy guy 6' tall and come in at 285. The plane climbs at about 500ft mimute and burns slightly less than 3 gal per hour. I burn 100LL but the engine will burn mo gas too.

Default Re: Kfm 112

I have a kitfox 2 with a KFM 112 motor too with all the manuels. 156 hours on it. Do you hapen to know where any parts are incase I may need some in the future? There is only one prop recogmended 64X19 have you tried any others?
    Last edited by Steve; 05-20-2009 at 04:56 AM.

Yes,I have been using a wooden 60x25 (a good all round propellor) which replaced the original 64x20 which was too fine on a Kitfox 2. Cruises at about 60Kts (68mph) at 2600 RPM at 21" manifold,solo. There are only 2 KFM 112M Kitfoxes in the UK.

Hi guys,

I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping some of you still use the forum.

I have just purchased a kitfox MK2 with a KFM112M engine in it and was wondering if any of you had any luck finding spares or support for this engine ?
    Or,, know of any engines for sale ?

Cheers
    Skelly.

Hi,

I have a KFM in G-BPII, I am lead to believe (from IAME themselves) that they do hold a reasonable stock of parts but do not have an inventory so it's a case of order and keep your fingers crossed. I do have both the manual and parts catalogue in pdf format if you don't already have them.

My engine is for sale but comes complete with the aircraft so probably not what you are looking for :-)

@gbpii
    Aha,, so you have the other KFM engined kitfox in the UK.
    I have many questions to ask you about it if thats ok ?

Chers,

Skelly.

No problems.... fire away

Sent from my BV9500Pro using Tapatalk