Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Poh

Default Poh

Hi all - I started collecting data for a POH: all I could find on the internet is Mark II and Mark II POH'es: how did you guys do? Anyone want to share that with the rest of us?

Tx in advance

Default Re: Poh

Hans,

My approach was to collect the testing and design/construction data as I went along; then, assembled/arranged it into a POH formatted under the general headings/chapters as is done for certified aircraft.

With experimental aircraft there really is no one size fits all because each of us puts our systems together differently; and, the testing results can work out differently depending on how we decide to construct our planes even though we start out with similar basic kits.

If a person grabs a current POH for a Cessna or whatever....it is easy enough to pick out the headings/chapters and create your own content to complete it. If you really want to get bored to death....look up the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) to see what the "official" format is for a certified aircraft then remember experimentals don't comply with the same requirements; but, a common sense approach on this document can be really helpful to serve a person well in operating the plane - or for anyone else who may end up being the operator. The builder really has a leg up on setting up the systems portion of the manual for the particular airplane.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive

Default Re: Poh

Hans,
    The only numbers I recall for sure with my Model IV-1200 long wing version with 912 UL - Power off stall 43 mph. Best angle and best climb are more fuzzy in my memory, but somewhere between 55 and 60 mph. I'll be starting the process in my new Model IV soon and will use those numbers for the initial testing until I can verify the real numbers. My full power stalls were exciting and would sometimes be very abrupt with a significant wing drop - not fun.
    Lowell