Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Looking for hangar in the Rapid City, South Dakota area

Default Looking for hangar in the Rapid City, South Dakota area

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this. My son has orders to be stationed at Elsworth AFB, SD. His report date is still several months away with him arriving there after the new year. He is looking for a place to keep a GA airplane in the area and has already contacted the local airport for space but as most places around cities, there is a long waiting list. Does anyone know of any small strips in the area or even a private strip he might be able to base out of? A PM or reply here would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Keith

Default Re: Looking for hangar in the Rapid City, South Dakota area

Try the local EAA chapter in that area, someone there might know of hanger space.
    Hope this helps
    Roger

Default Re: Looking for hangar in the Rapid City, South Dakota area

Roger,
    Thanks, I had already found the local chapter's info and forwarded it to my son. Being in and around the military for the last 30+ years I always had a hard time finding hangar space whenever we got stationed in a new area. I sometimes went nearly a year before finding something and then in another year or so it would be time to leave again.
    He called Rapid City and they wouldn't even put his name on a waiting list. Apparently they just give who ever shows up that day a hangar if one is available.
    Keith