Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Just joined.

Default Just joined.

Hello Kitfox folks! My name is Andy and I finally registered here on teamkitfox. I've been lurking for a few months, but thought it was time to become "officially" interested in a Kitfox. I'm hoping to begin building a kit within two years, I want my budget to have enough room not to pinch pennies before I even begin.

Now for the reason of this post. I just created an account, and now when I open threads the newest response is on top, meaning I have to scroll down to see the OP and then scroll back up to read. I can't seem to find a setting to switch this...am I missing something?

I don't think I'm ready for "inverted flight" quite yet

Thanks!
    Keats

Default Re: Just joined!

I think the site is designed to work that way.

When you sign in as a member you automatically go to the most current post in any given post topic that you open.

If you don't sign in as a member but just go to the post topic then you seem to automatically go to the initial post and then must scroll down from there to read all the posts in that topic..

Default Re: Just joined!

Welcome aboard Andy. Glad you signed in. You can change your post viewing options yourself.
    Here's how.
    1. Click on the button in the dark blue bar at the top of the page called "UserCP".
    2. When the drop down menu opens scroll down to the sub heading called
    "Settings and options".
    3. In that sub heading you will see an option called
    "Edit Options". Click on that button and you get a long list of user adjustable options.
    4. Scroll way down until you see the "Thread Display Options" box. Look for the sub box labeled "Thread display mode". You will see a white drop down menu window. Default setting will read "Linear-Newest First". Click on the drop down arrow and choose "Linear-Oldest First" option.
    5. Scroll all the way down to bottom of page and click on "Save Changes".
    You now will view all posts with the Oldest posts first.
    Enjoy the forums.
    Again , welcome.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: Just joined.

Oh sure. NOW you tell us how to do that
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

You never asked.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I had a little problem with that myself when I first joined, the newer posts were on top. Now I like it that way. If a post contains several pages I've already read, I don't have to go down to read the latest post, I get the latest comments right off.

Works for me....
    Tommy Walker in Alabama

I agree with you Tommy, I like the newest post on top. However, while I was in Iraq, I went all the way to the first post that I could find and read everything until I was caught up. I found it to be fascinating reading. Now I have a fair idea of where to find topics that have already been discussed.
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Great, thanks for the quick replies fella's! I agree, once I've caught up on all the discussions being had the newest thread on top could come in handy.

In the next couple months I'm hoping to find some local kitfoxes and take a peek at them. I constantly travel for work, so building one will take me a while, but that's half the fun, right?! In the next year or two I'm hoping to take on the project!

I certainly know where to look for questions and answers, looks like a great community here!