While at the Kitfox Aircraft facilities and while getting ready for AirVenture 2012 I had the occasion to fly John and Debra's 7 SS. Since I'd last flown it John had added a great feature to his Kitfox, TCW's Safety-Trim intelligent servo controller. This system is a real answer to the fast trim syndrome.
The Safety-Trim modification takes the normal high speed trim actuator and reduces the speed automatically when the aircraft achieves 80 mph indicated. This allows a much more precise trim adjustment while in cruise speeds yet retains the benefit of the higher trim adjustment speed while in slow flight or while doing pattern work. Anyone with a model 5- 7 SS with an electric trim knows how quick the stock trim is at cruising speeds. This system takes care of that and also provides a built in safety feature to control a runaway trim system.

When we arrived at AirVenture I had a chance to visit with Bob and Jason at the TCW booth. They took time to show me all the TCW products including the Safety-Trim system. I had to tell them how impressed I was with their Safety-Trim.Oshkosh 2012 trip 317.jpg
If you are looking for a simple solution to the quick trim on your Kitfox 5-7SS consider the Safety-Trim from TCW. Read more about this product and all the available products at TCW's website. http://www.tcwtech.com/Safety-Trim-Page.htm

Kitfox Aircraft is a dealer for TCW products so contact John or Debra for your kit. The TCW Technologies Safety-Trim kit price is $179.00 including the airspeed sensor. Kitfox Aircraft's part number for the kit is 98089.

Via email: info@kitfoxaircraft.com