Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Eastern WA Fly-In September 15th

Default Re: Eastern WA Fly-In September 15th

Been getting updates from my family. All but yours truly still live there. Remenicent of the Rat Creek fires back in the 90's...but worse! Don't know many parts of the PNW that couldn't use a month of rain right now! BTW...just in case I get up that way sooner than later, how many remote strips (not just hilltops and roads) are within say...100 miles of KEAT? Anyone have a particular spot? Post it in e "Where I Fly" thread if you would!

Back to the Fly-in....

Already have a date set for next year? Keep us posted Kelly.
    Last edited by Pilot4Life; 09-21-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

sorry , not a lot of remote strips in wa like idaho has . the best wa offers is a few state maintained strip . generally well maintained grass with some facilities . naturally pretty soft when wet and most closed from late fall untill spring . some have challenging approches due to terrian or trees , occasional animial , including cows along with cow crap . to bump it up a knotch , guys like kelly do the gravel bar thing . naturally these gravel bar guys do have some mishaps .
    the smoke from the the fires is affecting vis on the west side also today the smoke was so bad on the east side they couldnt use planes to fight the fire . waiting for rain
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Wink Re: Eastern WA Fly-In September 15th

Quote Originally Posted by cap01 View Post
    sorry , not a lot of remote strips in wa like idaho has . the best wa offers is a few state maintained strip . generally well maintained grass with some facilities .
    After researching, I've found quite a few strips in Eastern Washington using the Social Flight web site. It's a good app for the iPad too. http://socialflight.com

Of course, I think Idaho may still have a few more remote strip
    Paul Morel
    912 Speedster

Unfortunately I don't get to eastern wa much . And there are some interesting place to go over there . I don't do too well camping out in tents so I'm missing out on some great places , just my problem .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Chuck,
    Just plan on using our place to launch from for day trips. All the fun of new places without the expense of hotels or the need of a tent.
    Just let us know when you are coming. We have 4 Kitfoxes on the farm right now.
    Kelly

Thanks Kelly for the offer , sounds like a great deal . The expenses of hotels isn't really the problem , just the tent . I was really disappointed that I didn't make it for your event but we had a scheduled Hawaii trip . Would have been nice to meet some of the guys from the forum . Appears a good time was had by all.
    Hope they can get the fires under control soon . From the news the smoke is really bad over there . We have some smokey days over here but a minor inconvience compared to the poor souls that have been run out of their homes and some lost everything .
    Wondering what you all do for gas over there , I suppose run to deer park for avgas ?
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa