Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eastern WA Fly-In September 15th

Default Eastern WA Fly-In September 15th

We have so many local Kitfoxes here in Eastern WA and Northern ID that I thought we needed to have a Kitfox Fly-In here in the Spokane area. September is our best month for temps and weather.

I thought a hamburger lunch at the Fox Farm would be a good idea. Let's plan on lunch at noon. I would love it if people would like to stay the night for a fly out breakfast on Sunday morning before heading back home. People could even come in on Friday if the wanted; there are lots of fun places to fly locally.

101_0392.jpg

The Farm Farm is just north of Spokane, WA.
    It has two runways. The main runway runs N/S and is 2000' long, it is just a little bit lumpy from the clumping fescue grass. Then a crosswind runway is 1400' long and is as smooth as a pool table.

101_0383.jpg

There is a set of unmarked powerlines at the north end so my normal operation is land north and takeoff south, but when the wind comes up use anything you want. The crosswind runway has unobstructed approaches from both directions. Although this place is very Kitfox friendly, it is important to recognize I am asking you to use this at your own risk please.

We have really good neighbors, but still let's be curtious and try not to fly over anyone's house.

For Flyers:
    N 47° 54.228
    W 117° 32.831

For Drivers:
    5037 Glen Grove - Staley Rd
    Deer Park, WA 99006

I would like to invite builders, fliers, and interested parties for a little fun.

The agenda as I see it:
    1. Lunch at noon on Saturday
    2. Fly out breakfast on Sunday morning to Cavanaugh Bay, followed by a short hop over to Sullivan Lake for those interested. We will have coffee at the Farm for early risers.
    3. Also on Display will be Aerocets new LSA amphibious float and Chad's recent award winning Kitfox Speedster.

For overnighters:
    Feel Free to bring a tent, but if you want to just bring a pad and a bag we will have plenty of floor space in the house and hangar.
    The only hotels available are on the north side of Spokane about 20 miles away. We might be able to help with a ride to/from if needed.
    We can set up the flat screen out side or in hangar for a showing of either The Great Waldo Pepper or multiple episodes of Black Sheep Squadron.
    Dinner would be a pizza night from our local hot spot.

Early arrivals on Friday:
    Will be welcomed and a flyout on Saturday morning could be arranged or other ideas may arrise.

*For anyone who does not feel comfortable with our strip I will be glad to come and pick anyone up from Deer Park (KDEW) by car just 6 miles away.

**Don't be surprised if you see other airplanes here other than Kitfoxes. There will be plenty of people interested in what we are doing.

Contact Info:
    Kelly Mahon

208 597-5091
    n6575a@juno.com

Default Re: Eastern WA Fly-In September 15th

Count me in Kelly. I will be driving up from Liberty Lake.
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Sounds like a good time...

Debra & I will see you Saturday Morning... You are Pacific Time correct ?
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

We are pacific time for sure.
    I ordered good weather and I believe delivery is on time. September is my favorite month.
    Work has been getting the best of me, so I am excited about kicking back a bit.
    Looking forward to it.
    Kelly

Kelly thanks for the PM regarding flying in to Carlin Bay (ID43) to view construction on my Kitfox Speedster. Looking forward to coming over on the 15th to your function in Dear Park.

There are 3 other Kitfox's right around our airstrip on Lake Coeur d'Alene. I am sending PM info to you on our airstrip and hope you will find time to have you and Chad come over. If anyone else is interested in coming by, the invitation is open. Hanger is air conditioned, refer stocked, and the barbaque can be fired up on short notice. .

I will be down there the next two weekends finishing up installing the Dynon Skyview, and moving on to covering the wings.

Tom

Yesterday Jay and Pamel White stopped by in a Kitfox IV and two weeks ago Dave Thomason came by in his Eurofox.
    With a few rough draft visits we are gearing up for the 15th.
    can't wait to see everyone,
    Kelly

For those stopping in Deer Park for fuel we are 7.1 miles at 214°.
    Weather still looking good.

Smile Re: Eastern WA Fly-In September 15th

G`morning Kelly
    I plan on driving in on Friday afternoon/evening. I have my campervan so just need a small fairly flat place to park. Look forward to meeting a few more fellow KF`rs!! Thanks for the invite.
    Don
    Vixen C-FOXK 912UL IVO IFA

We have a great spot for you.
    Electricity too if needed.
    K

Smile Re: Eastern WA Fly-In September 15th

Kelly,
    I'm new to the Kitfox community and working on the purchase of a partially completed kit. I would like to join your group on Saturday and would plan an up and back trip in my RV.

This looks like a great chance to see several airplanes and look at lots of options.

Thanks for hosting!
    Tom Turnbull
    RV-7A