Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Bush Gear

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Bush Gear

Hi Dick that's a good looking Kitfox and I like the bush gear glad you posted over here. I would suspect that the cobane struts and bungee springs are whats causing the slight loss of AS are you thinking of fairing over the springs?
    GB
    Flying a HKS Kitfox III and a Champ

Default Re: Bush Gear

I have a little additional drag ,due to the cabane strut and springs I would imagine. It is still windy here so I have not been able to get a good stable IAS. I am guessing it is 2-3 mph slower. But again with fat tires and a bush gear ,no big deal. It is a little taller than the original but I cannot give you a figure as I did not measure prior to installation.I know I have to stretch a little more to reach the fuel caps(I am a short guy)
    The aircraft is now a much better 3 pointer ! With the old gear it always wanted to wheel land. I did some pretty good ones!
    In a nutshell ,you could not pay me twice what I paid for this bush gear to reinstall the old one ! It handles so nice on the ground and on landing !
    It was not that expensive compared to the optional gears available (in fact a whole lot less) and it looks sooo good !
    Dick Maddux
    Attached Images Attached Images