Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: Esser's Build

Default Re: Esser's Build

What did you move, or remove?
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Quote Originally Posted by aviator79 View Post
    What's your empty weight? I'm just curious because I feel like mine is heavier than I anticipated, and you are very close to my configuration.

I'm 885lbs now. Even though I took off the external alternator etc. I did add 7lbs of cables when I moved the battery to the tail. I thought it would all work out even but it seems like I gained weight. They say your plane gains weight the older it gets I just didn't know it happened so fast! Might have been a little more fluids etc in it.

Mine was heavier by about 50-60lbs than I thought it would be. I think pretty much all Kitfoxes are above 800 and any who has less than that, I want to use their scales!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

I'm in that ballpark at 875, but without those cables or an intercooler, and I have a lighter battery. I'm not sure I leveled the plane before I pumped the fuel out, so I may have had some excess gas in one of the tanks. I'm not worried about it. I can still haul two FAA humans, 150 lbs of baggage, and full tanks.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

Quote Originally Posted by aviator79 View Post
    I'm in that ballpark at 875, but without those cables or an intercooler, and I have a lighter battery. I'm not sure I leveled the plane before I pumped the fuel out, so I may have had some excess gas in one of the tanks. I'm not worried about it. I can still haul two FAA humans, 150 lbs of baggage, and full tanks.
    I have a lithium battery too. If we took out my intercooler I bet we'd be veeeeery close which is interesting.I bet our tires weight about the same.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3