Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Esser's Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Esser's Build

Those look great, Josh! The Airmaster sure looks like a good prop to me. I think you'll do real well with that combination!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Hey Josh! Great to see you back - it has prompted me to become active again and I too will post an update today.

Great combo there - that would be my choice if I could find an affordable option like you have found. As for the Grand rapids EFIS - does it have remote ADHS and compass also? I found that a fair bit of thought was needed to find good placement for both of these. Anyway, best wishes for moving the project forward and look forward to more updates.

cheers
    ross
    Mt Beauty
    OZ

I see you purchased th 914 turbo you posted, you will love flying behind that engine.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Thanks everyone, Love to see the support. I think it will be a blast. Not that it wouldn't have before.

Ross, I'm not sure about the remote sender AHARS. I will keep you posted though when I find out more.

Kevin, PM sent.

Quick question for everyone. Do I need a full firewall forward kit if I have all the components already? Or can I just buy a motor mount and a cowl?

I don't think you will need to buy the whole firewall forward kit because you will have a lot of the needed parts already.

The engine mount and cowling will be major components needed.

I can't see it in the picture of your engine but you will need the ring mount for the engine as that is what attaches to the engine mount off the fire wall.

If your engine has the ring mount and exhaust and muffler then you will have be headed in the right direction.

Your oil cooler will have to be checked for fit on the Kitfox and of course you will need the mounting brackets for the oil cooler.

The prop will need a hub extension if that didn't come on the Airmaster install for a Pelican.

Good luck with the install and you will most certainly have a great performing plane with that engine and prop combo.

Thanks John,

I was thinking along the same lines. It will be interesting to see how much we can use. I will call Debra Monday and see how much just the cowl and mount are for now.

Thanks Josh! Looking forward to building with you!

Hi to everyone on the thread - I've enjoyed reading all the good info, encouragement, and joking. Looking forward to joining in!

Daniel - Edmonton AB