Quote Originally Posted by t j View Post
I built a Classic 4 and had similar issues when I first started . Fuselage tabs sometimes had to be tapped jently with a plastic hammer to tweak them into place either for alignment or clearance/bolt length/washer placement/castle nut pins etc. Sometimes the bushing ends of the bearing fit parts needed to be touched a few strokes with a file for proper fit.

I'm not familiar with new models of kitfox but on the model 4 any filing on the aileron bell crank bushing ends is done on the top end only. Then extra washer if needed is used on the bottom end to maintain clearance to the floor boards.

I used blue locktite under the heads of bolts to stop the turning bolt problem.

The #40 drill bit is used for 3/32" rivets. The #30 drill bit is used for 1/8" rivets. These drill bits are a hair larger than the rivet size for easy incert of the rivet. If you need to drill a rivet out use the fraction size bit for that rivet, ie 3/32" or 1/8" drill to minimize enlarging the hole.

You will want to get a can or two of touch up spray paint for your powder coated parts. As you have already found out, you will be needing to touch up more powder coated parts. It needs to be compatible with the covering system you are going to use. Back when I was building, the factory sold good high quality touch up paint to match any powder coating color.
I guess my drill bit thats came with the kit are packaged backwards as the #40 bit is larger than the #30. Mystery solved haha.

Thanks for the tips too everyone. Just before I called her a night I added a drop of loctite to the bolts that were turning so we shall see what happens. How long does that stuff normally take to set?

Also I will look for my touch up bottle. It was come in handy because I have more nicks in my powder coated pieces than a kid learning to shave.