Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: builder assistance for kitfox? anywhere?

Default builder assistance for kitfox? anywhere?

I read it somewhere in here, they were giving help to build your kitfox, I went to the site and I think they ended up buying kitfox! I don't know if they offer such a program or not. They are in oshgosh now so they are not answering e-mails. I think I'm looking for somewhere I could go for
    5-6 weeks and they show/help build it. And would I still gualify for the 51% rule? My first attemp at a homebuilt was way over my head and I lost a ton of money, I'm talking tens of thousands but I did learn alot. Sorry if this is a bit long. thanks.

Default Re: builder assistance for kitfox? anywhere?

At one time, and maybe they still do, Kitfox offered a Jumpstart program which basically got you through covering, and I know they worked with us when we started, providing guidance at the factory for some basic skills and building activities before we put the pieces in a trailer and took our kit home. I would check with the McBeans when they get back and see what they might be able to work out with you.

Could there be an easier kit to build that the kitfox?

If you get the pre-jigged wings on a kitfox, you basically already have the factory helping you get started. This plane has a great build manual, it's pretty much just like a big model airplane. It is way way way easier than my RV6 or Sonerai to build, and the directions cut the head scratching down to about nothing. For me, I work on it for relaxation and to get away from my worries, and I think that says alot about the kitfox building experience.

Roger

[ATTACH]Williams Builder Assist Phoenix, AZ.jpg[/ATTACH]

This is 100% of the places I have been able to find. Including Sport Plane, LLC which is actually Kitfox. Kitfox according to John does not have builder's assistance now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

You could try searching Murle Williams . I have no personal experience with builder assistance, but i think he does it.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW