Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Hard to find parts...

Default Hard to find parts...

My voltage regulator went out on my 912 and I have called 6 places to get one and all are on back order and with no ETA on part arrival. Do these go out that much or ar they just hard to get? There must be an alternate regulator one can use to replace the Rotax one...

Default Re: Hard to find parts...

Quote Originally Posted by GoingHawgWyld View Post
    My voltage regulator went out on my 912
    ... There must be an alternate regulator one can use to replace the Rotax one...
    Ducati motorcycles.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=rotax...gulator+ducati

Roberto.

Default Re: Hard to find parts...

Well after spending two days trying to find a voltage regulator here in the U.S. I finally found one in Canada. All the vendors here said it will be at least a month till they get one. So I contacted Aero Propulsion Technologies and they had then in stock. Ordered two just in case... Seems these are not a very long lasting part for most people. Does not take much to blow them out. I did a lot of research and you want to make sure that they are always connected to the battery directly for the best protection. It is OK to fuse them between the regulator and battery in case you need to disconnect but I had mine connected on the bus side of the master relay. If you happen to turn off your master before you shut your motor down you risk blowing out the regulator. I saw story after story on these being fried. Mainly because they lose contact with the battery in some form or fashion...