Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Android vs. iPad

Default Re: Android vs. iPad

Quote Originally Posted by cap01 View Post
    Paul, how do you manage with the size of the iPad in the kitfox ? I have found it a little large and cumbersome in the model IV , ofcourse you fly the wide body and have more room than I do.
    I bought a suction cup mount put it on the passager side over my glove box. Doesn't get in way for the passanger. I thought it was perfect!

I understand everyone's concern wit the Apple dominance, but I like the fact that Apple is not plagued with viruses every other day. I have a IBM comparable I have finally decided it is no longer worth another $150 to $200 to have to replace hard drive, or reload software, etc. I hate having to spend $150 to $200 every 6 month to keep that P.O.S. running. So my question about the knock offs is will they be as bad as the IBMs?
    Last edited by Paul Z; 06-18-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

For the Android look at http://www.naviatorapp.com/ and of course the new Garmin app is available.

Naviator is only about a year old, but the developer is responsive and new features are added on a regular basis.

In my opinion after using both, Apple makes a hardier product that is less crash prone with WAY more options. They started the tablet and as a company have always been moving forward. The fact that Apple doesn't always play nice with other software and things is actually good in my mind. The reason? They don't let anything hold their product to a lower standard. Take flash. Everyone is mad that Apple devices don't support Flash but the truth is Flash is actually very buggy and very unstable. So Apple doesn't want their hardware to get a bad name from someone else's software. Either way I'm not saying the other companies are bad but Apple is here to stay and have the resources to continue to evolve their product which is why developers stick with them. Everyone knows a rotax works so they buy the rotax over the viking. Same thing.