Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: TSA moving into Ogden, UT

Default TSA moving into Ogden, UT

My wife and I went to the airport last night to enjoy a BBQ with the Ogden Regional Airport Association. Great BBQ and great people, BUT, to my surprise, the picnic area has been cut in half and trenches have been dug to start a new building on the back side of the terminal . . . for the TSA! Word is, the regional carrier, Allegiant Air is moving in to begin flights between Ogden, UT and Messa, AR.

No more guns in or around the terminal or cafe. Red lines will be painted to protect the terminal from those of us who might want to taxi to the terminal for lunch . . . no more taxiing in that area.

OK, rant over, and no, I don't feel better!
    Last edited by SkySteve; 06-09-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Default Re: Tsa moving into ogde, ut

Steve, I think you should paint lines around YOUR hanger posting restrictions on the TSA.
    The Govt. just can't help themselves...after all, more restrictions is always better
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Default Re: Tsa moving into ogde, ut

lakeland linder (fl) did the same thing. the restaurant is on the second floor of the building behind the tower. you used to be able to taxi up to the building and walk in. then they renovated the entire lower floor and put in Direct Air. you then parked at a near fbo and walked over to the restaurant. that lasted about 1 yr. Direct Air went belly up a few months ago. the new tsa terminal is now vacant. i was there last week and a couple of people told me that another airline will be coming in. probably allegiant or spirit.

Default Re: TSA moving into Ogden, UT

Dan,
    I love the "red line around the hangar" idea. Maybe add a machine gun emplacement, and the "TSA Keep Out" sign will be very very small, printed in Spanish with some misspelled words and poor grammar. Oh wait, the hangar is on airport property!

I know, well print the sign in seven different languages!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    SkySteve's SPOT Page

Oh sure, just as I was headed back to get my plane.

Hey Dude, could use a little back up here. Bring your friend, Mr Kimber, and his 45 buddies.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    SkySteve's SPOT Page

I thought everyone loved the great government pat downs. Don't pick on the poor Mexican Immigrants, although they are probably illegal, they are taking any jobs from any Americans, humm what is our unemployment rate? Just think, it is discrimination to have to show a picture ID to vote, but it is OK for the TSA to ask your for one to fly and they will grope you for free! The red line a machine gun sounds good!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas