Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox Cap Pin

Default Kitfox Cap Pin

The local Air Force Base had an airshow today, so of course I attended. It was a great show with both static and flying displays of airmanship. What I wasn't expecting to find: A Kitfox Cap pin! It even says "Kitfox" on the plane. I purchased their entire stock of one.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Default Re: Kitfox Cap Pin

Wow! Now that's a find!
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Cool Steve!
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Nice find Steve. Would look even nicer on a genuine Kitfox Aircraft hat.
    Or a TeamKitfox hat.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

DesertFox4,
    You already knew my response, didn't you, you old fox?! Ask and you will receive:
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    SkySteve's SPOT Page

Is the airplane the pin was designed from?

Wray Flemming adding oil to the 582 in his Model IV doring our 2002 Idaho trip. He now has a 912 and lives close by.

Speaking of Wray, but only indirectly Kitfox related Wray flys more than weekly to a neighboring airport for breakfast with an older guy (Jim - 84) that flies an Aercoupe. One morning recently, my Lancair neighbor, Brad, was in his car and saw Wray and Jim, getting ready for a flight and thought he would drive up to the gate and watch them depart. He noticed something (FOD) in the middle of the taxiway just through the gate and went to check it out. It was a concrete pier that is used to support a foundation on a deck or other structure. It had an eyebolt embedded in the top and it was apparent that it was used as a tiedown weight for an airplane. He moved it out of the way. Wray and Jim came up, did their predepartures and departed for Auburn for breakfast. In curiosity, Brad checked out the weight and noticed some scratches on the pavement and followed them back to Jim's tiedown spot which was in front of an unused hangar. He concluded that Jim had preflighted to the point of removing two of the tiedowns and then went to the gate unaware that he was dragging a lump of concrete. Not seeing Wray, he did a 180 and taxied to Wray's house. The 180 apparently dislodged the pier. From Wray's house, the two of them then proceded to the runway and departed. I was near Jim's tiedown spot the other day and it was clear to me that the untied concrete pier was originally tied to the tail of the Aercoupe as scratches started there and then proceeded to and down the street taxiway. Those that know of this event are convinced that a tardy friend may have saved a life. Being an old guy myself, I have decided that a written check list will be a manditory part of my preflight and departure checklists.
    Lowell
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Kitfox Cap Pin
    DesertFox4,
    You already knew my response, didn't you, you old fox?! Ask and you will receive:
    Thanks Steve.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Is the airplane the pin was designed from?
    It very well could be Lowell.

Thanks for the story Lowell. It's a little scary what can be missed in a preflight. I witnessed a Citabria take off and return for immediate landing at Deer Valley Airport with his tow bar still attached somehow to his tail wheel.
    Makes me wonder what kind of preflight was done at that hangar.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Lowell,
    The pin does look a lot like Wray's plane. If you zoom in on the pin there is actually a pilot shown in the cockpit. Pretty good detail for such a small pin.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    SkySteve's SPOT Page

It would be nice to say that Steve found the only Kitfox pin in existence, thus elevating his status in our community even higher(!) but alas, the Kitfox pins show up most everyday in my morning email from Ebay, which searches their listings every night for all things Kitfox.
    Just do a search in Ebay on "Kitfox pin" and you too can join the elite for 14 bucks! BTW, the pins are also available in blue with yellow highlights...

Rich
    Lafayette, CA
    Model IV - 912