Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 9 of 119 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Well I suppose I will post pics of where I fly as well. Went to a ski flyin today, Had to be at least 25 plane, one helicopter, and one trike. One Kitfox 5 and my MK IV Avid Flyer were representatives of our type of planes. About 3' of ice on the lakes so the lakes make great runways other than deep snow and drifts in places. Well a good time was had by all, and I have another 2.6 hrs on the Avid. I should have taken pics a bit later when all the planes were there, but didn't. Last pic is just another few lakes close to home with lots of people ice fishing. Take care, Jim Chuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice shots and looks like a good time. I'm betting these pics are making Desertfox IV homesick for MI.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Jim,

Was that at the ski fly in at Warroad? We planned on coming, but fog held us back!
    Cheers,
    Ackselle
    Ackselle
    Kitfox IV 1200 Classic C-GIKV
    29" Airstreaks, 11" Matco Tailwheel
    ROTAX 912, Hoffman HO-V352F CS Prop

No not Warroad, it was on Long Lake, about 25 miles NW of Duluth. A guy with a PA 12 has a lake home there, and every winter he puts on a ski flyin and spagetti feed. Always a good time, although a couple of years ago, I got caught in heavy snow on the way home. Followed a highway at about 500' but made it back okey. Sure was nice weather for the flying, funny how inacurate weather forcasts can be. The local aviation forcast said it was supposed to be 500' ceilings and 1 mile visability yesterday AM, it was even still showing that at 7:30 AM when if you checked local conditions, it was clear and visability 10miles pluss. Good weather today, so ofcourse I had to fly somemore. Take care, Jim Chuk

finally a couple of nice flying days , was able to make the trip around st helens . rainier and adams in the background
    Attached Images Attached Images
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Wow! Great photos Chuck. Spectacular scenery.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Got a call last night from Papa. We're flying to Marana for breakfast. Flight of 3. Be in Chandler before 8am. Yes sir. I'll be there. Can a I bring a newbe?
    Certainly can.
    I picked up my guitar playing buddy Ron at 6:50 and made DVT by 7am. Preflight done, refueled, $114.00 ouch! Called Papa and told him we should be there by 8. Bill P. had his gorgeous new 7 Super Sport pulled out and Papa's pretty as brand new 7 SS was sitting along side. Launched from Chandler as a 3 ship and turned South for Marana (AVQ). Not a bump to be found and zero wind.
    Ron had only been up a time or two in a single engine Cessna and it was some years ago. Take off really surprised him in regards to how little runway was needed even with two good sized guys and full fuel. I did warn him about that. After leaving Chandler he got some good stick time and quickly caught on to how little input it took to make the Kitfox change direction. We closed up the formation to take a few air to air photos.
    P1100119.jpg P1100120.jpg

P1100121.jpg P1100122.jpg

P1100126.jpg

40 minutes later we land Marana. Great food and conversation about airplanes, music and family.

P1100127.jpg P1100128.jpg
    Coming back Papa and Bill split off West of Cassa Grande for Chandler and Ron and I headed North up through Wild Horse Pass then on into DVT. Lots of traffic to deal with but we got a straight in for 7 Left. I told Ron we'd be keeping the speed up for all the twins working the pattern. We did. 122 mph on 1 mile final. We were passing twins on final for 7 Right. No body had to wait for the slow little Kitfox in the pattern. Got it slowed down enough to get the mains to stick and we were off on the 2nd exit. I think the Tower likes Kitfoxs a little more each time they handle us. We hold no one up on take off or landing.
    Well it was a picture perfect morning and it's always fun to fly with the DFS. Ron got introduced to one of the most exciting and fun ways to see Arizona , or any other place for that matter and I still had him home by noon.

Keep building guys. It's worth every minute, every hour, day and month you put into reaching your dream. The payoff is huge.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

DF4,
    Great area to fly. How often are the Breakfast Fly Ins? It'll be about 45 min by air to join up in the PHX area...looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Pilot4Life; 04-06-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Repetition
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Chuck and DF4, GREAT pics, love this thread
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Great area to fly. How often are the Breakfast Fly Ins? Happen often?
    Well Chris, to be honest they don't happen near as often as they should or have in years past but folks are so busy that you just have to make the time. That's what we all did today. We'll work on making it happen more often because it's just so danged much fun.

We need to drag Dan B. away from the shower door business for a weekend too.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear