Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 113 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1183

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Nowhere?! Im offended! You mean to say I built this Kitfox to take me nowhere? I have been looking forward to taking it there for years. The Desert is awesome. Of course Im biased since I did a lot of camping with helicopters there. Brings back memories. Thanks for posting the video.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Nowhere can be a whole lot of fun.😎

Eddie, good to see you again and meet your brother. Had to blast off early Friday so appologize we did not get you a litte Kitfoxing in. Was pretty bumpy flying back to the airpark.

You come back with your great looking Kitfox, I’ll be happy to take you out to some incredibly senic and remote
    locations.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

No worries at all Steve, I totaly understood when I seen you pull out while I was buying my $8 Corndog!. Not really, I couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of $ for a corndog. LOL. I will certainly be back and look forward to some sites with you.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

You folks are sure lucky to have the group you have to fly together in such a nice place. Here in the east, central Pa., there is little freedom of landing off airports without someone calling to announce a crash even though your wheels are on the turf.

We have the same problem in upstate NY. Also I go to the local airport and I am the only one flying most days. It seems very hard get to a group together . There is a group of cubs that fly around but the kitfox rarely gets invited.

We are lucky to have a good mix guys in Southeast Indiana that enjoy off airport flying. Locals are use to seeing airtractors flying low, so no calls about us landing in the fields.

fullsizeoutput_18bd.jpg fullsizeoutput_1a15.jpg
    2011 Kitfox IV
    Jabiru 2200
    Prince prop

20190203_095254.jpg

A long time plan of my had been a circumnavigation of the South Island (mainland New Zealand)
    In the end we had 7 aircraft of all shapes and sizes. The weather thwarted us for the lower section of our trip. here is a few photos starting with looking south from the most northern tip of the mainland (D'Urville Island)

20190204_090520.jpg

The top western corner heading south.

20190204_094137.jpg

Heading south along Kahurangi National Park. The tide prevented us from landing on this great beach

20190207_134311.jpg

South westland, Lake Browne. This is near the Manapouri powerstation

20190207_134559.jpg

Doubtful sound.

This trip took us 7 days and I put 24 hours on the Hobbs meter. We plan on finishing this trip in a couple of months time, if the weather plays the game.

A video is on youtube of us landing and taking off at D'Urville Island https://youtu.be/GJeUOf9Mgz0

A photographer standing on a mound of dirt is always a target

Great scenery, but the strip on the Island was dodgy as all getout. And a $10 landing fee on that rock-laden-prop-chewing strip ?. Someone's having a lend of anyone who flies in there .....
    David
    SS7 Builder

https://youtu.be/njuvkIEl_VQ
    Lake Berryessa, California

I hosted a Short Airfields Operations Worksop at my place at the bush strip.
    We presented some technical lectures and then we had a representative of AOPA South Africa give us a presentation, after which we did some high density altitude flying as well as landing and taking off.

The Border Aviation Club CFI and other instructors said it was a great and safe weekend.
    Well Attended!

More pictures will follow___________

This is my friend, Dave's Kitfox doing a demo of an obstructed approach.

Reid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rooster; 05-06-2019 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Spelling