Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Where I Fly.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox Guy View Post
    Do you have your video camera mounted on the jury or main strut? Are you using go pro or another vendor?
    The camera is mounted to the lift strut at the jury strut. I knew I wanted a camera there so put on the hard points as well as a conduit for string wire and stuff before the fairings went on. The junk that appears on the fairings is actually reflection. The fairing is smooth and clean.

1 Hard Points.jpg

The camera is a Sony - can't recall the model. I finally went with Sony as the Canon image stabilization was very inadequate. It had to be either Canon or Sony as they are the only manufacturers using the LanC protocol. It is a system that allows a remote controller to be plugged into the camera so it can be remotely controlled. With the Sony, I can control power on and off, proportional zoom and video on and off. The Canon also allowed for switching between manual and auto focus and aperture which can be a real bonus at times.

20 Stick With VZ.jpg

The mount itself is a gimbal mount with tilt movement about 120° and pan about 180°. The zoom is limited by camera shake. Too much and big shaking going on. I am tempted to try one of the new Scimitar shaped props and see if it makes any difference.

Attachment 9844
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel