Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 55 of 119 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default Re: Where I Fly.

Nice Ross, was that a Land Cruiser you were driving? Looks like my trip got delayed btw. Hoping to be out there late Feb...I'll keep you in the loop.

G'day Josh,

Not Landcruiser - trusty old Pajero that keeps on keeping on!

Yes, keep us in the loop re OZ visit - weather can be a little kinder in late Feb too! It would be fun to catch up - You will be the first of the Team Kitfox Mob to visit - I thought the Oregon trio may have beat you to it!

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Ross,
    Very enjoyable. The view from the airplane reminds me a lot of our area in the spring. We don't keep the green all year, though.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Likely the last of the long ones. These four videos are edited from three DVDs made from video shot from our 2002 Idaho back country trip. The highlight, memory wise, was the fuel stop on a long stretch of highway where we landed on a dirt strip and taxied to the gas pumps outside the restaurant at Rome Station, Oregon. I doubt the auto folks were happy, but hopefully entertained.

Idaho Back Country Part One
    Idaho Back Country Part Two
    Idaho Back Country Part Three
    Idaho Back Country Part Four
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Nice Videos Lowell. In part III what happened in Creston. Failed to clear customs?

Norm,
    As sometimes things happen, our border destination was Eckhart, a grass strip on the US side of the border. The beautiful green valley covered with growing Hopps sort of mystified us and it wasn't until the wheels almost touched that we realized we weren't Landing on grass. Then at the restaurant at Eckhart, it got funny as we ran into a US Border Patrol agent, chatted with him for a while, then went and told our flight leader that the agent "needed" to talk to him. We all got a laugh at his reaction. No harm - No foul.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by HighWing View Post
    Norm,
    We all got a laugh at his reaction. No harm - No foul.
    I got a smile out of it. And it made me realize how close a trip to the factory flyin might be. I have to get another endorsement on my Pilot Permit, before I can cross the border but it sure gives me something to shoot for.
    Great Videos. Thanks

Default Gippsland Coast, Vic, OZ

We are just back from a great 4 days over the coast. our trip there was made so much better by the great company and guidance of Jim and his wife in their Highlander. After a nice evening in Mallacoota, we woke to a perfect day - lucked out for this part of the world and time of the year - perfect for low coastal flying. We flew for 2 hours down the coast at about 500ft to Yarram - Jim's home base and gateway to Wilson's Promontory - the most Sth part of mainland Australia. The weather was perfect for the prom so after a bight to eat we headed off. This area is Jim's backyard and he proved to be a great tour guide! We had the best time that day and Gayle and I are still on high! Spectacular weather, magnificent landscape and great company - perfect. It was our first beach landing too and learnt heaps from Jim's experience. For those of you OZ flyers, thoroughly recommend Yarram - and Jim usually doesnt take TOO much coaxing to go flying to the prom if the weather is good. I am sure he will at least point you in the right direction.

thanks again Jim - a great trip!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

What beautiful coastline, and to think that all those beaches are available to land on. Our beaches here in Oregon, and I think Washington, are designated as public highways with a 10 mph speed limit.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

That is a beautiful area. The beach landings must have been fun to do!

How much farther to Tasmania? It seems like you must have been pretty close.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016