Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Where I Fly.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A Trip to Echuca to meet David (DLE's Oz Build)

Most of you will have read David's recent post about getting his 'Big Box of Kitfox Bits' - a pretty amazing journey from Homedale to Echuca in Victoria, Australia. Actually, David is building his Kitfox at Moama which is the town on the NSW side of the Murray River, which forms the border between the 2 states. Enough of the Australian geography lesson! However, it does point out that David is building at his holiday house while still living during the week in Melbourne. So, weather looking good, Gayle and I decided to visit and fly from Mt Beauty to Moama - a very pretty trip.

It was great o meet David and although he has only had the kit for a week, he has stored everything and made a systematic start to the build. I know David will make regular posts on his build so I will not steal his thunder by posting pics of his build - rather, here are a few pics of our trip out to visit him today.

They are pretty self explanatory, flying out from the mountains to the flat farming country - remember it is the end of summer here in OZ so things are pretty dry still. Note the nice airstrip Dave has nearby! (Paddock) The airfield with mountains at the back is our airstrip at Mt Beauty.

cheers

r
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)