Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 77 of 119 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default A Trip to Echuca to meet David (DLE's Oz Build)

Most of you will have read David's recent post about getting his 'Big Box of Kitfox Bits' - a pretty amazing journey from Homedale to Echuca in Victoria, Australia. Actually, David is building his Kitfox at Moama which is the town on the NSW side of the Murray River, which forms the border between the 2 states. Enough of the Australian geography lesson! However, it does point out that David is building at his holiday house while still living during the week in Melbourne. So, weather looking good, Gayle and I decided to visit and fly from Mt Beauty to Moama - a very pretty trip.

It was great o meet David and although he has only had the kit for a week, he has stored everything and made a systematic start to the build. I know David will make regular posts on his build so I will not steal his thunder by posting pics of his build - rather, here are a few pics of our trip out to visit him today.

They are pretty self explanatory, flying out from the mountains to the flat farming country - remember it is the end of summer here in OZ so things are pretty dry still. Note the nice airstrip Dave has nearby! (Paddock) The airfield with mountains at the back is our airstrip at Mt Beauty.

cheers

r
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Default Forgot!

And here is David and myself today!

cheers

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Default Re: Where I Fly.

I love seeing these pictures from the other side of the world, Ross! It is so fortunate that your wife can and will fly with you - you two make a great pair!
    Your airplane is looking beautiful as ever.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

I agree with John, especially the wife part, but that is another story. Looking at the pictures with just one modification - eliminate the map - and you will be looking at Northern California in the Summer. The Central Valley with its irrigated farmlands and the surrounding mountains with the occasional lake looks just like home.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

Landed at Copalis Beach State Airport on the Washington coast. I believe its the only beach legal to land on in Oregon or Washington. Plenty of hard wet sand at low tide.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Pretty cool, Jim. I have NO IDEA what it would be like to fly at actual sea level. The sand looks like a good landing area. Do you ever have to worry about the salt on your plane? A totally different world compared to Utah where we start out at about 5,000' msl.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Steve, yes I do worry about the salt. Try never to land where salt water would splash up on the plane. Just hard damp sand. Never stay for long. You get spoiled with the terrific performance at sea level and cool temperatures. Would sure love to visit in your area though.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

...and if you fly a lot in the Northwest you're gonna get a nice fresh rain wash😄
    Nice pix Jim! Did you run into Scott?

No I didn't. Found out later he was south and I was north coast.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

I would be nice to have some of the scenery I see in these post. Where I live is kind of FLAT. However, I did have a nice day flying.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas