Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 25 of 119 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Where I Fly.

Default Re: Where I Fly.

looks like Sullivan lake. I don't do the camping either. uukk!

no , actually tieton on rimrock resevoir . I haven't been to Sullivan lake but have heard a lot about it . a friend on the the flying b grew up in that part of the state and used to fly in there a lot .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

TJ,
    Wenatchee is my hometown and would love to go to a fly-in there. For now, I'm too far away and the schedule doesn't permit, but thanks for posting those pics. Only flew out of there 1 time in High School while taking an Aero/WX class, in a 172...first flight ever in a small plane. Hope all went well and the folks at Pangborne (KEAT) were friendly...would hate for my people to give you a bad taste while you're a guest.
    Last edited by Pilot4Life; 06-25-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Pilot4Life,
    It was my first time flying into Pangborn. Everyone at the fly in was great. Lots of locals were interested in the Kitfox...I think it was the only one there.

There was a lot of traffic arriving at the same time. No tower so I landed short and got off at the first exit. All the other planes were getting off a lot further down the runway. By the time I had taxied to the parking area there was an official waiting for me and walked me to a parking spot.

Direct from Ellensburg would take me over Mission ridge which is 6600 feet and then I would have lose a lot of altitude in a hurry to get down to pattern level. I elected to go over Colockum Pass to the south east a few miles from Mission Ridge at 4600 feet then up the river to Wenatchee.

My little 503 (52 HP) did great but I wasn't sure how it would do when I came back to Ellensburg in the afternoon heat. I put in 5 gallons of extra fuel in case I had to come around vantage to get home. I had no problem getting back up to 6000 feet before Colockum so didn't end up needing the extra fuel.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

I've flown into EAT many times over the years. Use to be a great place to fly into, but now days with the loss of the FBO and the airport board being money hungry. At least that is what it has been. I don't go over as much any more. But landing and getting off on the first taxi, I hope that is runway 12 that you are talking about. If not and you used 30, that is a long taxi to the EAA building, which is by the pumps. I don't think I have ever landed on 12, the winds are always in favor of 30. I like to do a short approach also but long land down to the taxi in front of the pumps and drop down and get off there. cuts the taxi time way down. I wish if it hasn't changed that someone would take over the old FBO there, really liked going in and staying the weekend and doing some river rafting, dinner, the works.

Slyfox, 7/25 has deteriorated and is closed UFN. Yes, 30 was the active and it was a long taxi to parking. I would have landed long but next in line behind me was an Arrow so didn't want to fly down the runway at 40 mph and be the cause of him having to go around.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

I say why not, it's your runway. of course you could have done one of my shorts and cut mid field and than land and off also. I wouldn't have done that long taxi is all. I sure miss the way EAT use to be. A well missed airfield. in the old days they had two vehicles, a Taurus and a ranger. I use to go over there all the time grab a vehicle and go eat. the ol' days. way back in about 05 they had their last mountain flying seminar, it was fantastic. they had flyouts that you could rent a Cessna with instructor and go into their tracks in the mountain. overhead they had a safety plane that was in touch with everybody and directed traffic. the best course I ever went through. way cool. it's all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cap01 View Post
    finally made it to the east side for the first time this year to a state strip thats fun to visit . its also pretty popular with campers . if there is a fire in the area , the forrest service will use it to stage their choppers
    Chuck, what is the name, location, airport ID?
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

paul, the airport is tieton state , 4s6 . 080 , 24 nm from yakima , wa , ykm .
    we have a few state strips scattered around the state that are interesting to visit .
    http://skyvector.com/airport/4S6/Tieton-State-Airport
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Chuck, thanks, I'll add it to my Seattle Trip. I've been retired for a couple of years, an just got over some health issues. I'm planning a doing the world wind bucket list tour I've been planning for years.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas