Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NorthEast Fly-In 2012

Default NorthEast Fly-In 2012

We are planning for a fly-in @ 4N7 (Greene airport) on the weekend of June 9th. CDE2Fly will be providing a cookout lunch on Saturday followed by some afternoon flying and checking out planes (I will again bring a Dynavibe and a Carbmate for those who are interested). Camping is available on the field or at CDE's house or other accommodations can be arranged. Sunday should consist of a group flight for breakfast before heading back home. Ideas for activities, flying or otherwise, are welcome.
    Please let us know if you can make some or all of this event by replying to this thread or send one of us a PM.

Hope to see you there
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Default Re: NorthEast Fly-In 2012

Count me in Dorsal for both days, Bruce Lina N199CL

Hi Dorsal, you can count me in I will be there!

Thanks~Cain B

It's official, I'm coming up on saturday. I have to be back sunday am. Probably just stay for the day saturday. Hey chris why don't you take your massey and mow me a strip at your house. Then I can spend the night and not have to worry about fog in the morning. Looking forward to seeing you guys again, and meeting new friends.
    Nick W
    IV 1200
    912Ul
    Warp Taper Tip

Now its a party, are you brining your copilot along again?

For those following this thread I am sending out a postcard to every registered Kitfox in ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, VT, NY, PA, NJ (had to draw the line somewhere). Interestingly enough not all Kitfoxes are registered as a Kitfox so I will miss some. Hope we also get more folks from OH, MD, MI and the Virginias
    Last edited by Dorsal; 05-13-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

My postcard came yesterday. I'm planning to come along with my Model 2, clipped wing, big tail.

Looking forward to being there again, looks like I will have to drive down again, awaiting airworthiness inspection.
    DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

What a beauty, hope we get to see it in person next year.
    (of course there is always that trailer ).
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Nick, sorry about the double vision, hope to see a great group like last year and hope to join the ranks with my own Kitfox next year.

DSC_0385.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg
    Last edited by GT280flyer; 05-19-2012 at 04:35 AM.

With the second annual Kitfox Fly-In fast approaching I wanted to send out some info on logistics for the weekend.

Lodging:

Camping is available on the field with minimal amenities (port-o-potty, running water and electricity inside my hanger). I also have plenty of room at my place (5 miles or so from 4N7) for camping and the amenities are a bit better .

There are numerous hotels in Binghamton which is about 15 miles south . The Fairfield Inn is closest to the airport.

Ground Transportation:

I can provide cars for ground transportation for 10-11 people at a time. We can make multiple runs to my place or Binghamton if necessary. Rental cars are available in Binghamton. Binghamton Regional Airport is about 7 miles by air from Greene. It's an easy to navigate Delta Class airport with avgas and rental cars on the field. It's about a 25 minute car ride from 4N7 to BGM.

Chris