Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Baggage Sack Screw Access?

Question Baggage Sack Screw Access?

Forgive what might be a dumb question, but how exactly would I remove the floor of my baggage sack once the fuse is covered? It seems the nuts are only accesible from underneath. Maybe clip nuts?

Default Re: Baggage Sack Screw Access?

We used riv-nuts. Makes taking it in and out much easier.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

I just discovered riv-nuts this year and I really like them. I used them to attach the tail access covers on my model III. I picked up the puller from Harbor Freight.

-- Paul S

I wondered the same thing. Actually you can reach down thru the turtle deck opening and get your fingers under the sack floor (after undoing the rear velcro strip) to access the two rear nuts underneath. The two forward nuts are easily accessed from the front seat area, after taking out the seat. Not real convenient, but doable.

Jim

I'm not a big fan of rivnuts but, in the case of the baggage sack, they're the only thing that will allow easy removal of the floor. I have some rivnuts in my Cessna that have come loose and are spinning in their holes. Since the rivnuts in my kitfox are mounted in steel rather than aluminum maybe this will not be a problem. Anyway, I backed them up with epoxy.