Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Water Tubes?

Question Water Tubes?

Can anyone tell me the wall thickness of the 1" water tubes going from my Rotax 912 to the radiator on my model 3. Debra at KItfox says they no longer carry them. I have access to T6 tubing and think it is probably .035 but would like to make sure before I commit

Thank's Dutch

Default Re: Water Tubes?

Dutch,
    I have some original tubing from Model IV. The wall thickness is .065. I don't think the thinner wall material would worry me. An aluminum radiator has a wall thickness of likely .020 or thinner in the cooling tubes I would guess. I think if you were careful regarding the possibility of chafing or other mechanical stress, I would think the .035 material would be fine. The coolant is formulated for aluminum engines so I doubt there would be a corrosion risk.

Just an opinion.
    Lowell

Red face Re: Water Tubes?

Thank's Lowell I just did'nt want to use hoses because of the proximity of the exhaust. I'm supprised the original tubing was that thick walled. While I have you on the hook do you know what that little tab welded at the base of the throttle mount is for. It seems to interfere with the throttle unit angle

Thank's Dutch