Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Key Ignition vs. Toggle Switches

Default Re: Key Ignition vs. Toggle Switches

John,
    Ok...now I got it!!

Thank you for your patience... The Rotax drawing shows grounding everywhere... I got caught up in that drawing.... This way is simple!

Cheers!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

46B989E2-3D50-4999-99DD-A97DF5C668CA.jpg

This is a ACS wiring for grounded Bendix mags. I’m working on a Kitfox that is not wired like this. Terminal 3 and 4 were reading ground. Terminal 5 was open.

I’m struggling to understand the Kitfox drawings, the existing wiring in the plane, and the new installation instructions for a 912 ULS.

I’m ok with the L and R mag wires being shorted to ground with the ignition in off position, but are these also the two brown wires that deliver 12v to Module A & B (I think pin 5). I can easily understand pulling the hot signal off of the starter solenoid to supply power to the (violet) wire for Soft start - now called easy start.

Help please?

I’m not close to the airplane or my wiring diagrams, but will just say that other than the 12v. signal from the start solenoid coil for the easy start function (which you seem to be clear about), there is no power supply to the modules from the ship’s power at the panel. The modules are powered directly from a dedicated coil section on the engine’s “dynamo”. That wiring is already installed on the engine by Rotax.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime