Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
Jerry, just an FYI. The low fuel sensor you have pictured looks like the original sensor SkyStar sold way back when. As I recall that when auto fuel was predominantly used with that type, many of those sensors failed due to the plastic tips cold flowing (melting) into the bottom of the header tanks.
Also I believe it is an optical type sensor so I’m wondering if it will even work in a totally dark aluminum tank. There are several members here who are more familiar with that early set up that could shed light on the function of that type sensor. Hopefully you will hear from some of them or test it’s function before going to any more efforts to incorporate it into you fuel system. I hope my memory is faulty and it will work perfectly but just in case, I had to mention it. Good luck.
Personally I would prefer a sender and low fuel light for each wing capacity; I understand some feel this is complexity and more this and more that means more leaks but the reality is if proper installation procedures, maintenance, and components prevents these perceived issues.