Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Wich propeller for a Rotax 582 on Kitfox 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Wich propeller for a Rotax 582 on Kitfox 2

I'm afraid I don't know, but it might be worth sending a message to Fred Colman on this forum as he has my old prop on his Kitfox. I'm sure he'd be happy to do a quick 'spinner to tip' measurement.
    Kitfox 4 (1050)
    912UL
    Based in UK

OK you will laugh but how found a member on this forum ?

click the -Community- tab at the top of the page and pull down to -Members List-.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Roger

Pm sent

Hi GDN
    68" 3 blade IVO light on Kitfox Mk 2,582 c/w 3-1 reduction could not be faulted.The IVO light comes in two adjustment ranges,and I do believe that the coarse range would be the best choice for 3-1 or higher.Mine being the finer range,needs to be very nearly fully (coarse) adjusted to obtain 6,200 rpm static.I got great info from the members of this forum when I was looking to change from GSC,thanks guys .

Hello!

I've got a GSC 68" 3 blade prob with 3:1 reduction at 6200 rpm static at mine Kitfox III with 582 greyhead.
    It works with 18 Degree at 75%, 1000-1200 ft/min, 125 km/h at 5800 rpm and 13L/hrs. Also the woodprop looks great....

Olaf

Flew a GSC for 350 hours (582 greyhead, c-box). Worked well. Quite smooth. Switched to a Powerfin for the next 250 hours for the ability to handle a bit of rain without chewing up the leading edge of the prop. It worked OK also.
    JimS

Quote Originally Posted by fred colman View Post
    Hi GDN
    68" 3 blade IVO light on Kitfox Mk 2,582 c/w 3-1 reduction could not be faulted.
    This was GREAT advice! Just fitted an IVO Ultralight coarse 3 Blade to my Mk2 with 3:1 Box, having flown GSC for a year. It's a transformation. Currently set about 1 turn positive pitch. 6,200 RPM Gives an indicated 100 MPH. Cruise of 4,800 is just under 80 MPH, burning under 14 Litres an Hour.

Very impressed. Suddenly I need to adjust trim for speed! Haven't bothered for the last year!