Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Considering an unfinished 6 or 7 kit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Considering an unfinished 6 or 7 kit

Steve,
    I just went out and took some measurements on my series 6. With no motor hanging on the front, the firewall to the end of the leading edge spar (no wing tips installed yet) with the wings folded is 17'10". Leading edge to leading edge at the cockpit with the wings folded is 96+3/4". Outside to outside on the horizontal stabilizer/elevator is 95+1/4". Ground to top of the vertical stabilizer is 70". A Kitfox can be built in a one car garage but not practical in my mind. Your two car garage will make a nice shop/hangar. My hangar is a 12'x24' Shelter Logic Portable Garage.
    Don't be fooled into thinking an airplane kit is a bolt together and fly project. It is a lot of work. I have been stumped more than once on one thing or another but with the factory support and this forum and a couple of old guys here at the airpark where I live I have had no trouble getting a remedy to a perceived problem. There are many parts that have to be fabricated. However I think every long and often frustrating minute of building is worth it. Would I build another plane? Yes, in a heart beat. Will I build another plane? I hope so.
    Attached Images Attached Images