Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: new 912/914 oil filter

Default new 912/914 oil filter

a few weeks ago i installed one of the new oil filters , 825 010 . appears to have stopped the oil from draining into the engine as advertised . there is still the instructions on the filter to prefill with oil , which you cant do. didnt appear to be any problem with oil pressure after the oil change so seemed to work ok .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

Default Re: new 912/914 oil filter

I take it this significanlly cuts down on time to "burp"?
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

It does cut down a little bit on the time to burp the engine because the oil inside the filter is not draining back into the cooler or crankcase. However, there is still the small amount of oil that settles in the crankcase after shut down and this will always have to be "burped" out of the engine to get a proper oil tank reading. The anti-drain valve and a change in bypass pressure where the two main improvements.

jeremy is correct . i have been burping directly after flight and checking oil quanity . next time i fly it only takes a few blades to get a burp .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa