Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Bubble door measurement wanted – not opening fully.

Default Bubble door measurement wanted – not opening fully.

If one of you has the bubble doors installed on your model 3 or 4, please measure how far the bottom of the door can get to the wing bottom. I heard the doors won’t open all the way with bubble doors, and wanted to create a cardboard bubble door mock up so I could be sure I can get in and out without doing yoga or something like that (I am also still considering the wide body mod though).

Roger

Default Re: Bubble door measurement wanted – not opening fully.

My bubble door opens fine on my Kitfox III. Never thought there was a problem.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Pete;

A 6'2" fellow told me about some problems getting into the fox with bubble doors, but also said his wife had problems too.

Do you have specific measurement on your doors?

Teh bubble doors are what, 3-4" wider, something like that, so your talking about the frame sticking down around 3" from where it would normaly be.

Just drop your door frame down around 3" from where it would normally hit the wing and see if you can get in and out or not. I cant see where this could possible be a deal breaker though.

Depending on the model of KF, a 6' 2" guy may have to do some gymnastics to get in one anyway. I know its a pain in the butt getting into a model I in the snowmachine gear, but it is still easier that crawling into a cub.