Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard to Stop Model 1

Default Hard to Stop Model 1

I knew this plane should stop on a dime ??? but the breaks on my model 1 only slow it down and if you hold as hard as you can and give it gas It will move. Is this just the way the Matco breaks are or should i be looking for bigger problem i have taken a part clean every thing still the same any ideas would be great !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Hard to Stop Model 1

if you don't have the brass inserts on the ends of your lines where they go into the fittings it can do this.

On the caliper or on the cylinder side ???

The rudder pedal geometry sucks and you cant get enough pressure on the masters to lock the brakes up. There are numerous fixes for this and when done, make a WORLD of difference!

nope at all fittings throughout the hosing. Should have nylon hose, on each end should be a brass collar on the outside that seals the brake fluid from leaking, on the very end of the line should than be an insert that goes on the inside of the line, keeps the line from colapsing when tightening the brass nut. Hope you understand. those inserts are also hard to put on the end, but really work good.

Thanks I will check the ends and if they don't have them we're would I get get them ???

I don't know, I guess give kitfox a call. I know I put them in the lines for my RV.

one more thing, if they are not there and you look in the line and see it's pretty much closed off you will have to start over. In other words cut the ends off and get new outside rings and the centers, if there isn't enough line you will be buying new line and replacing everything.

My friend just bourght a Kitfox I (see photo) in Italy. Now he will start on the long process of having it on Danish registration. Anyway seems to be a original Denny Kitfox I and he will be able to refer to the standard handbook if he can find one.
    As it was the case with mine he has only the Italian registration and no other documents.

However the Kitfox I should have a serial number somewhere. Tell me where to look for it on an model I please?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mine is on the left side of the turtle deck.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Oldfox

I know it doesn't help answer your question but I just wanted to say that's a really nice looking Mk1 you have. Lovely paint job.
    Kitfox 4 (1050)
    912UL
    Based in UK