Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Younger builders

Default Re: Younger builders

Chewie,
    I mentioned in an earlier post that I had the chance to hitch a ride in the factory demo Model IV in 1984 or 85. I Have been hooked on the kitfox since. I also had the chance to purchase a kit for under $15K. I actually walked into my bank on three different occasions to get a loan for a kit. And I always talked myself out of it. Now I am ready to buy with cash in hand; HOWEVER, I am now 64 years old and have lost a lot of flying years. And, who knows what my final cost will be now? There has been alot of good advice on this thread. Look them over, pick out the ones that will work for you and jump in and get wet. Don't wait until you retire to do this. That is my only regret I have.

Good Luck and go make it happen. I think everyone on the forum will agree "you won't regret it".
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

Quote Originally Posted by HighWing View Post
    Since the thread has been revived I thought I would make a comment even though an email my wife got this morning puts me well into geezer status - by the sender's definition. .
    Lowell
    Is that what a "Senior Member" means on this forum? LOL

This particular thread has reminded me why I began watching this site years ago! I too am young, 33 in January, and look forward to getting my first Fox! Well, airplane anyhow... Got my "FOX" in 2000 when I married! Now, 4 kids, a military career of 14 years and running, as well as other life events later, I still dream in Kitfox style! A big thanks to Pete Christensen for planting that "Kitfox Grin" on my face with his Model 3! All you "Old Fogies" and even us younger "Kids" can enjoy flying at a low operating cost thanks to wonderful folks like John and Deb McBeam! Keep pushing to get Airborne....

BTW...still love that S7 super Sport with the o-233 installed. Looks great!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to our Teamkitfox Family!!!!

Chris
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Chris,
    Senior member? If fits me to a tee. I misplaced something in my hangar the other day and asked my wife to come out and help me find it. She usually sees what I am looking for straight away, but this time it took a neighbor, the Lancair guy. Now I can't even remember what I was looking for. Senior member, senior moment - all the same to me.
    Lowell

Lowell,
    Happens to all! How funny! I travel to the Sacramento area with my job on occasion. When I'm out there next time, perhaps I can meet up with you and gawk at your Kitfox? Take care...

Also, the Avid/Kitfox group in Central Texas would be a great addition to this family. Maybe the "Lonestar Squadron" would be a good name. I am sure a couple folks on right now would love to join up....keep us posted....

Chris
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Stan,
    I'm also looking to hitch a ride... There's always tension between the need to be financially responsible and the NEED to not let life slip by, and I think you outlined my dilema pretty well. I'm laying out what my reality is right now and will go from there. I'm sure the answer will present itself to my question of how, not if, this project will happen.

-Mark

Quote Originally Posted by inzersv View Post
    Chewie,
    I mentioned in an earlier post that I had the chance to hitch a ride in the factory demo Model IV in 1984 or 85. I Have been hooked on the kitfox since. I also had the chance to purchase a kit for under $15K. I actually walked into my bank on three different occasions to get a loan for a kit. And I always talked myself out of it. Now I am ready to buy with cash in hand; HOWEVER, I am now 64 years old and have lost a lot of flying years. And, who knows what my final cost will be now? There has been alot of good advice on this thread. Look them over, pick out the ones that will work for you and jump in and get wet. Don't wait until you retire to do this. That is my only regret I have.

Good Luck and go make it happen. I think everyone on the forum will agree "you won't regret it".