Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Winter's comming, got skis?

Default Winter's comming, got skis?

Hi all, we had some snow yesterday up here in northern Mn, probably in a month I will have the Avid back on skis. I read of others putting their planes away for the winter and I think they are missing out on the best time of year to fly. How many on this list do fly skis in the winter, and would others like to? Recently I picked up a set of Avid factory wheel penatration skis that were with a project that I bought. I allready have skis, so I'm going to be putting these on ebay soon. For me, winter flying in Mn gives me thousands of new landing sites with the lakes being frozen over. There are ski flyins held around the area also that are fun to go to. Smoother air, great lift, what's not to like? Take care, Jim Chuk

Default Re: Winter's comming, got skis?

I tried to buy just the skis from that pkg. Heck of a deal ya got there Jim.
    -Aeropro CZ Aerotrek A240 Tri-Gear SLSA 912uls
    -Airdale Avid+ on CZAW Amphibs 'FatAvid Floater' (building)
    -Kitfox 4-1200 TD 912ul (sold)
    -Kitfox Model III TD 582 (R.I.P.)
    -Avid Flyer Mk-IV TD (sold)

Hi Doug, well you can have another chance at those skis, I put them on ebay. Item # is 290622302643. Ebay said it may take up t 8 hrs for the add to appear, so if you don't find it, try again. Take care, Jim Chuk

I can't live without flying skis. I am ready for the snow, but we are about 6 weeks away from it being white here.

This summer I have rebuilt two sets of straight skis for me and a buddy. I am also finishing up a set of airdale's skis for another. We will have 3 IY-1200's with 912's on skis and hopefully a IV-1050 582 and a III-1050 582.

I am looking to have a Kitfox ski plane gathering at my house this winter. If we get something put together I'll be sure to post it. We'd love to have others. But 5 is a good start.

Kelly